Sunday, September 21, 2014

Breakfast Dinner

Monday night is breakfast dinner at the Coe household. Pancakes from mix.. not that bad for you. You know what's bad for you? All the "stuff" you put on them. Bisquick pancake mix is 2 points per pancake. Now, this is not a pancake the size of your plate, it's made with 1/4 cup as your ladle.
I make them according to the box.



Topping ideas:

Sliced bananas (free) and 4 pecans halves (1 point)  I put a gathering of sliced bananas on the skillet then poor my pancake batter over it. Or you can just slice them on top.. I do both. =)

Fresh sliced peaches (free), frozen would probably be good too!

Blueberries (free). I just got some frozen blueberries and they are so good.

Strawberries, berries.. go crazy with those fruits. Not the fruit syrups though. haha Not the same!

Syrup is so bad for you and the worst part is how much you put on without even noticing. I dip my cakes in the syrup to make the syrup go farther. This stuff is great, it's 1 point for 1/4 cup. My original syrup was 6 points for 1/4 of a cup, I could have 3 more pancakes for that, but if you don't like the idea of sugar free syrup maybe just try the dipping your pancakes instead of drowning them in syrup. I don't do butter, because honestly I can't taste it and why waste points on something that isn't critical to your taste buds.


I used to eat my pancakes slathered in peanut butter and syrup! 2 tablespoons of peanut butter is 5 points and I know it wasn't just 2 tablespoons that I put on it. I really don't miss eating them like that when I have such a yummy alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment