Friday, September 19, 2014

Big chicken nuggets

Big Chicken Nuggets, marinara sauce and veggies.



This dinner is so versatile and fast. It's not a "pretty" dinner, but it's good. I also love it because my picky eater will eat it without the marinara sauce, score! It seems like I forget to de-thaw meat more often than I remember, so chicken patties are great. I am super picky about meat and this is not cheap spongy chicken patties, it's high quality spongy chicken patties. hahahaha

 I love Costco and I get all three ingredients for this meal there. The chicken patties come in a long sleeve and they're about $13 for 20 patties. Cook patties according to the package, I like mine a little crunchier so I leave them in longer. The kirkland marinara sauce is 2-3 points for 1/2 cup of sauce (warm on stove). I buy the Normandy blend of frozen veggies (which you can buy at walmart too).  For the veggies I put them in a casserole dish with a little water and microwave it on the frozen veggie button. Then I drizzle very lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees. After about 15 minutes I take it out and stir to make sure all the veggies get a nice tan and back in for another 15 minutes. These are my back up veggies when I don't have any fresh veggies. Now that we really don't eat a starch for dinner, veggies have to step up their role and I have to have them on hand at all times.

If you have some non-dieters in the house you can make up spaghetti noddles to go with it.. or if you have enough points, 2 ounces is 5 points. Or mozzarella is really yummy on top of the sauce too 1/4 of a cup is 2 points, I think.

Point break down

Chicken patty, 7 points
1/2 cup of marinara sauce, 2-3 points
Olive oil, 1-2 points per serving

Another variation is ZUCCHINI, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Yum! My personal favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment