Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lunch time fun

Lunch is pretty boring.. I should probably work on this aspect of my diet.. because it needs some more options. haha.  My go to meal, if I'm on my A game is a turkey sandwich on sandwich thins with honey mustard and lettuce. I buy Fred Meyer brand sandwich thins (2 points) others are 3. Yes, 1 point makes a difference..=) It means I can have chips or a brownie. All good choices lead to dessert!!! Now you're not surprised that I had an extra 35 pounds to lose are you?

The Turkey Sandwich is 3 points.

3 slices of turkey = 1 point
Sandwich thins = 2
Lettuce FREE
Mustard FREE

Tuna Sandwich is 4 points

1 can of Tuna = 1 point (Bryan and I split the can, I used to eat a whole can myself)
1 tablespoon of olive oil mayo = 1 (I can't taste a difference at all! And it saves you 2 points, that's a brownie people!!)
Sandwich thins = 2 points
Lettuce or celery = FREE

I'll be honest, I really don't love the oven roasted turkey very much. I like to order Cajun Chicken at the deli counter, I charge myself the same points as the turkey. Is it the same? I don't know, but I eat it just about every day and I'm losing weight, so it must be pretty close. Ham is a point more I think, but if you like ham better than turkey go for it!

Usually, I have 10 pop chips (1 point) with my sandwich. I love pop chips, they come in 4 or 5 different flavors, all of which are yummy! Special K also makes some and I think you can have 14 for 1 point. We usually can get pop chips on sale for $1.50-$2.50 per bag so that's what we buy, both are good. My favorite are the original and sour cream.

My husband eats the sandwich, chips and a Fiber One brownie.. that is a 6 point lunch.
 I don't usually have a brownie at lunch, because I don't get a bunch of points.. so I save it for after dinner. That's my ideal lunch though, as soon as I lose these last 3 pounds, I'm having a brownie at lunch. =) Once I've lost all the weight I need to lose I will go into maintenance and get 6 more points. YES!


The lemon bar is so yummy! I usually spend a minute just huffing it before I eat it. haha I'd like to tell you that's a joke, but it's the truth it smells so good! =) The brownie ones are really good too. They make all different flavors, chocolate chip tastes like a soft cookie. The peanut butter and chocolate one is alright. Freddy's brand makes chocolate and chocolate chip for much cheaper, I like the chocolate chip, but the other is just ehh. Costco used to sell both in the huge boxes for a great deal, now they don't. BOO! We are currently buying them at Walmart in the mega box, because my boys also really like them. This is a must have for me, I freak out a little if we're out. 

If we're out of town and I have to eat out. I love to go to Olive Garden and have soup, salad and bread sticks. I get the Minestrone (2 points for a bowl), Bryan gets the Suppa Toscana (4 points per bowl). I ask for dressing on the side and dip it. I find this comical, because I used to think it was so dumb when people would do that, like it's going to save you that many calories..... who's the dumb one now. =) haha. I do this method for syrup too, it's epic, tastes the same without using so much. It all adds up really quick. I do have a bread stick (4 points each), I can't help it.  Side Note: The Tour of Italy is 38 points.. WOW! I get 26 points for my day! If you're going out to eat, look at the Weight Watchers app on your phone before you get there and pick out what you're going to eat ahead of time.  When in doubt go lean and green or meat and veggie. 

Also remember this is lunch people, not 1st dinner. I can say that, because it was first dinner for me. =) Lunch doesn't need to be huge, you will get to eat again! If you're worried you'll be hungry later bring a few extra snacks. Apple, Orange, Banana whatever you need to be sure you won't be starving later. It's important not to get to a place where you will eat anything in site, plan ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment